Location: Hermitage, Tennessee US
Requisition Number: 230
The Catering Associate assists in the coordinate with food prep staff; pulling equipment for event set up, transporting materials and food to the event, event set-up, serving guests and cleaning up the events (if required).
· Works in conjunction with manager/food prep staff to plan menus for events;
· Execute proper service techniques, menu presentation and customer service.
· Ensure successful operations of catering functions including transportation, setup, operation, and clean-up of all events (if required).
· Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
· High School diploma or equivalent required
· One (1) or more years in catering/food preparation is preferred.
· Be customer-service driven
· Proven ability to manage and maintain multiple priorities and multitask
· Work effectively in a typical food service environment which may include loud noises, fast paced, large numbers of people, high volume activity, etc.
· Ability to lift and move objects of up to 50 pounds in weigh
Competencies & Capabilities:
· Learning on the Fly—Learns quickly when facing new problems; a relentless and versatile learner; open to change; enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks and quickly grasps the essence and the underlying structure of anything.
· Time Management—Uses his/her time effectively and efficiently, concentrated his/her efforts on the more important priorities and can attend to a broader range of activities.
· Action Oriented—Enjoys working hard, not fearful of acting with a minimum of planning and seizes more opportunities than others.
· Customer Focus—Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
· Peer Relationships—Can quickly find common ground and solve problems for the good of all can represent his/her own interests and yet be fair to other groups; encourages collaboration and can be candid with peers.
· Composure—Is cool under pressure; does not become defensive or irritated when times are tough; is considered mature can be counted on to hold things together during tough times and is a settling influence in a crisis.
· Priority Setting—Spends his/her time and the time of others on what’s important, can quickly sense what will help or hinder accomplishing a goal, eliminates roadblocks and creates focus.
Community / Marketing Title: Catering Associate