Assistant Manager (Full-Time) - Starbucks - Lindenwood University - St. Charles, MO.
Location: St. Charles, Missouri US
Requisition Number: 316
Assistant Manager Mission: The Assistant Manager plans, organizes, develops and directs the overall operations to ensure that quality food service is provided at all times. The Assistant Manager manages this activity in accordance with applicable federal and state laws, company policy and oversight of the Manager.
- Works with Manager to maintain staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees; maintaining a safe, secure, and legal work environment; developing personal growth opportunities.
- Works with Manager to accomplish staff results by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; developing, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, procedures, and productivity standards.
- Works with Manager to accomplish financial objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Maintains quality service by enforcing quality and customer service standards; analyzing and resolving quality and customer service problems; identifying trends; recommending system improvements.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Demonstrated knowledge of food service administration, regulatory compliance issues, practices and procedures.
- Working knowledge of mathematical principles to make calculations.
- Basic computer skills, including working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, e-mail systems, and Internet browsers.
- Proven Ability to:
- Exercise initiative, judgment, and decision-making in meeting objectives.
- Effectively manage and direct staff, prioritize, organize and assign work schedules and responsibilities, and delegate responsibilities as necessary.
- Interact and communicate with a variety of people, both on a one-on-one basis and in meetings and group presentations.
- Write reports and correspondence.
- Think logically in order to troubleshoot, analyze situations, and make sound business decisions.
- Make independent decisions and delegate responsibility and duties.
- Handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to stand and sit for periods of time and to move intermittently throughout the workday.
- Good speaking and listening skills.
- Strong sensory skills, such as good eyesight, good hearing, and dexterity.
- Ability to perform focused work with close attention to detail.
- Ability to work both indoors and outdoors on a campus setting.
- Ability to interact with others, both in person and through phone, e-mail, and written correspondence.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- One (1) to three (3) years experience in food preparation is essential.
- One (1) or more years of supervisory experience
- Servsafe Certification
- Be customer-service driven
- Proven ability to manage and maintain multiple priorities and multitask
- Work effectively in a typical food service environment which may include loud noises, fast paced, large numbers of people, high volume activity, etc.
- Familiarity with menu costing procedures
- Ability to lift and move objects of up to 50 pounds in weight
Integrity, Commitment, Discipline, Unity, Excellence, Innovation, Gratitude
Transforming Lives Through Great Food Experiences.
As a God-centered company, we purposely integrate into campus culture to help our clients nurture their students through great nutrition, memorable dining experiences, and a spirit of joyful service, every day.
Competencies & Capabilities:
- Decision Quality—Makes good decisions which turn out to be correct and accurate most of the time and is sought out by others for advice and solutions.
- Learning on the Fly—Learns quickly when facing new problems; a relentless and versatile learner; open to change; enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks and quickly grasps the essence and the underlying structure of anything.
- Dealing with Ambiguity—Can effectively cope with change, can decide and act without having the total picture and can comfortable handle risk and uncertainty.
- Priority Setting—Spends his/her time and the time of others on what’s important, can quickly sense what will help or hinder accomplishing a goal, eliminates roadblocks and creates focus.
- Managing and Measuring Work—Clearly assigns responsibility for task and decisions, monitors process, progress and results while designing feedback looks into work.
- Process Management—Good at figuring out the processes necessary to get things done, understands how to separate and combine tasks into efficient work flow, can simplify complex processed and gets more out of fewer resources.
- Command Skills—Relishes leading, takes unpopular stands if necessary, is looked to for direction in a crisis and is energized by tough challenges.
- Hiring and Staffing –Has a nose for talent, is not afraid or selecting strong people and assembles talented staffs.
- Drive for Results—Can be counted on to excel goals successfully, very bottom-line oriented and steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
- Interpersonal Savvy—Relates well to all kinds of people, build appropriate rapport, uses diplomacy and tact and can defuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
- Customer Focus—Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Motivating Others—Creates as climate in which people want to do their best, empowers others, makes each individual feel his/her work is important and is someone people like working for and with.
- Building Effective Teams-Blends people into teams when needed, shares wins and successes, fosters open dialogue, defines success in terms of the whole team and creates a feeling of belonging in the team.
- Composure—Is cool under pressure; does not become defensive or irritated when times are tough; is considered mature can be counted on to hold things together during tough times and is a settling influence in a crisis.
Community / Marketing Title: Assistant Manager (Full-Time) - Starbucks - Lindenwood University - St. Charles, MO.