Cook (Full-Time) - Qdoba - Lindenwood University - St. Charles, MO.
Location: St. Charles, Missouri US
Requisition Number: 296
Accountable for all aspects of food quality, cleanliness, labor costs, production, maintenance and service of the restaurant.
Preparing Food that Celebrates our Passion for Ingredients
- Prepares food according to specifications by using approved recipes, proper portioning, and food prep logs/tools
- Conducts regular visual and taste tests to ensure food is of highest quality and prepared according to specs
- Restocks front line with prepared product during peak volumes and/or in accordance with time & temperature
- Adheres to food safety standards and reports any questionable food deliveries and/or practices
- Prepares food volume based on sales compared to existing inventory and incoming orders
- Receives food orders; cleans, organizes, and rotates items in the walk-in cooler
- Helps manage inventory control
- Pays careful attention to presentation of food
- Ensures product is being prepared at peak volume periods
Creating an Environment that Showcases Handcrafted Preparation
- Showcases the preparation of certain menu items in the front of the house and samples freshly prepared items as appropriate during peak business hours
- Frequently cleans the kitchen area, grill, restrooms, and equipment, and assists in maintaining overall restaurant cleanliness
- Providing Services that Invites Interaction with Our Guests
- Interacts with and engages guests and other team members
- Creates guest orders as requested and ensures the accuracy of each order when working the service line
- Busses dining room area during peak volume periods
Keeping it Real
- Being yourself
- Having a positive attitude and a genuine desire to make others happy
- Being confident yet open to asking for support
- Having pride in who you are and what you do
- Taking personal accountability
Serving One Another
- Letting others be themselves
- Treating each other with care & respect
- Welcoming new members to the team
- Enjoying being part of a team and helping others
- Being dependable and reliable
- Being self-motivated and action-oriented
- Communicating effectively and positively
- Holding each other accountable
- Never walking past a problem
- Making recommendations for improvements
Serving the Guest
- Having a desire to serve others
- Making each guest feel welcome and appreciated
- Anticipating guests’ needs and personalizing conversations
- Enthusiastically conveying a passion for food and sharing flavor exploration
- Being empowered to making it right for the guest
- Being thoughtfully generous
Learning & Growing
- Being curious
- Taking initiative to understand and learn
- Applying what you learn
- Sharing what you learn
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- Previous experience in foodservice/food preparation
- Be innovative, creative and focused on quality
- Be customer-service driven
- Proven ability to manage and maintain multiple priorities and multitask
- Manage details for multiple orders accurately and efficiently
- Work effectively in a typical food service environment which may include loud noises, fast paced, large numbers of people, high volume activity, etc.
- Ability to lift and move objects of up to 50 pounds in weigh
Integrity, Commitment, Discipline, Unity, Excellence, Innovation, Gratitude
Transforming Lives Through Great Food Experiences.
Competencies & Capabilities:
- Learning on the Fly—Learns quickly when facing new problems; a relentless and versatile learner; open to change; enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks and quickly grasps the essence and the underlying structure of anything.
- Time Management—Uses his/her time effectively and efficiently, concentrated his/her efforts on the more important priorities and can attend to a broader range of activities.
- Action Oriented—Enjoys working hard, not fearful of acting with a minimum of planning and seizes more opportunities than others.
- Customer Focus—Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Peer Relationships—Can quickly find common ground and solve problems for the good of all can represent his/her own interests and yet be fair to other groups; encourages collaboration and can be candid with peers.
- Composure—Is cool under pressure; does not become defensive or irritated when times are tough; is considered mature can be counted on to hold things together during tough times and is a settling influence in a crisis.
- Priority Setting—Spends his/her time and the time of others on what’s important, can quickly sense what will help or hinder accomplishing a goal, eliminates roadblocks and creates focus.
Community / Marketing Title: Cook (Full-Time) - Qdoba - Lindenwood University - St. Charles, MO.