Lead Barista (Part-Time) - Lindenwood University - Lions Pride Market - St. Charles, MO.
Location: St. Charles, Missouri US
Requisition Number: 308
Promotes coffee consumption by educating customers; selling coffee and coffee grinding and brewing equipment, accessories, and supplies; preparing and serving a variety of coffee drinks, along with pastries and cookies.
- Welcomes customers by determining their coffee interests and needs.
- Educates customers by presenting and explaining the coffee drink menu; answering questions.
- Prepares and sells coffee drinks by following prescribed recipes and preparation techniques for coffee drinks, such as, espresso, café latte, and cappuccino.
- Generates revenues by attracting new customers; defining new and expanded services and products.
- Maintains inventories by replenishing coffee bean supply; stocking coffee brewing equipment; maintaining supplies, pastries, and cookies for coffee bar.
- Keeps equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing preventive maintenance; calling management for repairs.
- Maintains safe and healthy work environment by following organization standards and sanitation regulations.
- Improves quality results by studying, evaluating, and re-designing processes; implementing changes; maintaining and improving the appearance of the store and coffee bar.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading coffee, retail trade, and food service publications; maintaining personal networks.
- Enhances coffee shop reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Other duties as assigned by Management
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- One (1) year of relevant food service or barista experience in a comparable role.
- Experience working in an institutional and/or contracted food service operation or similar industry preferred.
- Proven ability to manage and maintain multiple priorities and multitask
- Manage details for multiple orders accurately and efficiently
- Work effectively in a typical food service environment which may include loud noises, fast-paced, large numbers of people, high volume activity, etc.
- Ability to lift and move objects of up to 25 pounds in weight
Integrity, Commitment, Discipline, Unity, Excellence, Innovation, Gratitude
Transforming Lives Through Great Food Experiences.
As a God-centered company, we purposely integrate into campus culture to help our clients nurture their students through great nutrition, memorable dining experiences, and a spirit of joyful service, every day.
Competencies & Capabilities:
- Learning on the Fly—Learns quickly when facing new problems; a relentless and versatile learner; open to change; enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks and quickly grasps the essence and the underlying structure of anything.
- Time Management—Uses his/her time effectively and efficiently, concentrated his/her efforts on the more important priorities and can attend to a broader range of activities.
- Action Oriented—Enjoys working hard, not fearful of acting with a minimum of planning and seizes more opportunities than others.
- Customer Focus—Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Peer Relationships—Can quickly find common ground and solve problems for the good of all can represent his/her own interests and yet be fair to other groups; encourages collaboration and can be candid with peers.
- Composure—Is cool under pressure; does not become defensive or irritated when times are tough; is considered mature can be counted on to hold things together during tough times and is a settling influence in a crisis.
Community / Marketing Title: Lead Barista (Part-Time) - Lindenwood University - Lions Pride Market - St. Charles, MO.