Food Service Worker (Part-Time) - St. Louis College of Pharmacy, St. Louis, MO.
Location: St. Louis, Missouri US
Requisition Number: 340
Food Service Worker - Pedestal Foods
Food Service Worker Mission: Assist other employees in the kitchen as needed and following all sanitary and health-related protocols by preparing and serving great food on a daily basis.
- Aid cooks in preparing meals and plating food as requested by the chef or other supervising employees.
- Prepare simple meals such as salads or desserts.
- Help cooks with food preparation duties for the day by cutting, peeling, or slicing as needed.
- Greet and serve customer orders in a timely manner.
- Demonstrate excellent customer service with a positive demeanor when dealing with unit guests, fielding all complaints promptly, answering questions, and making meal suggestions when asked.
- Assist with cleaning the BOH and dining area by picking up trash, clearing and washing plates and dishes, and wiping down tables as needed.
- Adhere to food safety standards at all times, making sure that all food is free or contaminants and pathogens that might make customers sick.
- Clean pots, pans, and any other dishes in the kitchen as needed, adhering to safety and sanitation standards at all times.
- Other duties as assigned by Management
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- Previous experience in foodservice/food preparation
- Previous experience in foodservice and/or food preparation
- High energy level
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Ability to prepare food properly, safely and quickly
- Ability to stand for the duration of a work shift
- Ability to lift or otherwise move up to 50 pounds in weight
- Desire to learn and grow with a top notch foodservice company
Values: Integrity, Commitment, Discipline, Unity, Excellence, Innovation, Gratitude
Vision: Transforming Lives Through Great Food Experiences.
Mission: As a God-centered company, we purposely integrate into campus culture to help our clients nurture their students through great nutrition, memorable dining experiences, and a spirit of joyful service, every day.
Competencies & Capabilities:
- Learning on the Fly—Learns quickly when facing new problems; a relentless and versatile learner; open to change; enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks and quickly grasps the essence and the underlying structure of anything.
- Time Management—Uses his/her time effectively and efficiently, concentrated his/her efforts on the more important priorities and can attend to a broader range of activities.
- Action Oriented—Enjoys working hard, not fearful of acting with a minimum of planning and seizes more opportunities than others.
- Customer Focus—Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Peer Relationships—Can quickly find common ground and solve problems for the good of all can represent his/her own interests and yet be fair to other groups; encourages collaboration and can be candid with peers.
- Composure—Is cool under pressure; does not become defensive or irritated when times are tough; is considered mature can be counted on to hold things together during tough times and is a settling influence in a crisis.
- Priority Setting—Spends his/her time and the time of others on what’s important, can quickly sense what will help or hinder accomplishing a goal, eliminates roadblocks and creates focus.
Community / Marketing Title: Food Service Worker (Part-Time) - St. Louis College of Pharmacy, St. Louis, MO.