Lead Cook/Chef - Fulltime - Northpoint Christian School - Southaven, MS
Location: Southaven, Mississippi US
Requisition Number: 1253
Lead Cook – Fulltime hours - Northpoint Christian School
We are seeking a lead cook to lead the kitchen team in providing a top-notch dining experience for our private school students.
You can thrive here if you:
- Have 3-5 years of experience cooking in a high-volume setting
- Have a working knowledge of production sheets, food safety measures, and food ordering/costing
- Can work efficiently and effectively with a commitment to excellence
- You can do the tough stuff – stand for long periods of time, lift a minimum of 25 pounds, work with hot and cold food items, work in a commercial kitchen environment
- Have a high school diploma or GED
Our kitchen team works together to:
- Prepare and cook all products to recipe
- Adhere to holding times and all restaurant quality requirements – ability to understand how to use equipment properly and take corrective action to meet requirements.
- Control and monitor food cost/waste by “cooking less, more often” and preparing/serving products per requirements
- Clean and maintain kitchen/cooking equipment on an ongoing basis
- Maintain Food Safety certifications as needed and follow all local Health Department Food Safety codes
- Complete day part operational checklists (including food prep, stocking, cleaning, etc…)
Who is Pedestal Foods? We are a privately owned God-centered company that focuses on being a blessing to all. We are a leading provider of foodservice operations in the school environment and partner with them to provide high-quality, unique food experiences. A few of the perks we offer our team:
- Holidays off (based on school calendar) and a schedule that matches the school calendar!
- Bi-weekly pay; Bonus Opportunities (end of semester)
- Company logo apparel provided
- Free shift meal
- Paid training – setting you up for success
- Company matched 401k
- Paid time off program – start earning on day one
- Benefits – health, dental, vision
Lumina Foods, LLC. (the “Company”) is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to our employees, applicants and candidates based on individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disabilities, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information or any other class protected by federal, state and local laws.
Community / Marketing Title: Lead Cook/Chef - Fulltime - Northpoint Christian School - Southaven, MS