Location: Nashville, Tennessee US
Requisition Number: 1472
We are seeking a Procurement Specialist to join the Lumina Foods Family! In this role, you’ll drive all activities across multiple companies to ensure cost, inventory management & quality goals for food, packaging & equipment items are met.
What you’ll work on.
- Create, implement, and maintain all processes related to the supply chain and procurement functions
- Establish and maintain strong supplier business relationships, ensuring all supplier contracts are complete, properly executed, and all cost variables have been considered.
- Ensure all vendors and suppliers follow company HACCP and food safety program standards/guidelines and compliance of QA and QC processes
- Establish secondary suppliers for all key products/locations to always ensure effective business operations
- Develop and implement food safety processes including standard operating procedures for product recalls
- Make recommendations to improve the business through strategic sourcing
- Manage and resolve product supply issues
- Research, identify and negotiate bids to procure items to support the business
What you must have to succeed.
- Undergraduate degree in business or related discipline
- 5+ years food industry supply chain experience.
- Demonstrated exposure to Food Quality and Food Safety Management systems (FSMA, SQF, BRC, etc.)
- Knowledge of product specification processes, purchasing best practices, product development and/or operational experience; and will have worked cross-functionally in an organization.
- Strong interpersonal, customer service and support mindset for both internal and external partners.
- Strong sense of urgency to solve issues with win/win solutions.
- Candidate should understand purchasing from the perspective of buying group, franchise, distribution or other decentralized control system.
- An experienced and skilled negotiator, focusing on total cost of ownership and “win-win” tactics, not simply a buyer.
- Strong analytical skills and understanding of cost drivers for the supply base.
- A strong demonstrated track record of problem solving and priority setting. Potential candidate must have good strategic skills and very strong tactical purchasing skills. A strong demonstrated track record of developing cooperative relationships.
- Ability to support and demonstrate company values in daily activities and committed to leading by example.
- Occasional travel required (up to 25%).
- ISM certification highly desired
What you’ll receive in return.
- Competitive salary
- Paid time-off earned from day one
- 401k with company match
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage
- Free Hunt Brothers® Pizza for you and your family
- Incredible team that empowers your growth and success
Who is Lumina Foods:
- We are a God-centered company specializing in integrated food services. We were established in the Nashville area over 30 years ago and continue to grow! Our mission is to be a blessing to our customers, guests, employees, and stakeholders.
- We have several brands under our umbrella:
- TBHC Delivers – the largest distributor of Hunt Brothers Pizza products
- Pedestal Foods – contracted food serving students on private K-12 and university campuses
- J. Walken Chicken – our own proprietary food concept focused primarily on serving the military community on bases within the continental US and Internationally
- Qdoba Nashville – great Mexican eats concept in the Nashville area
Learn more about our family of brands at luminafoods.com.
It is the policy of Lumina Foods, LLC (the “Company”) to afford equal opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, expunged juvenile records, or pregnancy, and to afford equal opportunities to disabled veterans, veterans of the Vietnam era, and individuals with a disability, any and other characteristics protected by Federal, State, or Local law.
Community / Marketing Title: Procurement Specialist