Location: Nashville, TN, USA
Requisition Number: 1770
Ready for a career with meaning? Welcome to Lumina Foods. We are a God-centered company and find happiness and inspiration in serving others. When you work with any one of the Lumina Foods family of brands, you’ll be part of a team that’s not only driven to lead, but also inspired every day to improve the lives of those we work for and serve.
You’ll be welcomed into a culture where your ideas are encouraged, and your contributions are celebrated; where we care for you like family; and where you’ll work shoulder-to-shoulder with a team of true professionals who work hard to make a difference for our customers. We know that in changing the lives of those we serve, we, too, are forever changed personally and professionally.
We are looking for an Instructional Designer to join our family. This person will play a critical role in the success of our team.
The Instructional Designer (ID) is responsible for creating engaging learning materials and experiences that align with and support business objectives. Partnering with subject matter experts (SMEs) you will conduct needs analyses and establish actionable learning objectives. Working cross-functional with the business you will deliver appropriate online training modules, videos, job aids, instructor-led training, e-learning, on-the-job training programs, knowledge and skills assessments, simulations, role-play scenarios, and learning games.
Some of the things you will be doing:
- Identifies instructional objectives and end goals which meet desired organizational outcomes.
- Acts as primary point of contact for company training initiatives.
- Designs and develops appropriate learning solutions and tools including self-paced e-learning, workshops, job aids, facilitator and participant guides, virtual learning, webinars, on-the-job training, and blended learning.
- Creates engaging learning activities and compelling course content that enhances retention and transfer of learning to achieve the determined performance objectives.
- Demonstrates creativity, flexibility, innovation, and efficiency in course design.
- Develops implementation strategy and tactics to ensure effective rollout of training programs.
- Facilitates training delivery as required.
- In partnership with SMEs, determines the criteria for evaluating learners’ performance.
- Develops and implements assessment instruments which exhibit both reliability and validity.
The tools you need to be successful:
- Embrace Company Mission, Vision, and Values
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- 4-6 years’ experience as an Instructional Designer with experience developing both instructor-led and e-learning programs
- Knowledge of adult learning theory and instructional design principles
- Advanced proficiency in Adobe Captivate, Articulate Storyline, Articulate Rise, or other e-Learning authoring tools required
- Demonstrated ability to manage time and projects
- Advanced proficiency with MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Strong visual design skills and experience with visual design software (Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, etc.) preferred
- Experience with video development software (Adobe Premiere Pro, Camtasia, etc.) preferred
- Demonstrated ability to understand business goals to recommend training interventions
- Detail-oriented and results-oriented with a servant-driven mindset
Who is Lumina Foods:
- We are a God-centered company specializing in integrated food services. We were established in the Nashville area over 30 years ago and continue to grow! Our mission is to be a blessing to our customers, guests, employees, and stakeholders.
- We have several brands under our umbrella:
- TBHC Delivers – the largest distributor of Hunt Brothers Pizza products
- Pedestal Foods – contracted food serving students on private K-12 and university campuses
- J. Walken Chicken – our own proprietary food concept focused primarily on serving the military community on bases within the continental US and Internationally
Learn more about our family of brands at luminafoods.com.
It is the policy of Lumina Foods, LLC (the “Company”) to afford equal opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, expunged juvenile records, or pregnancy, and to afford equal opportunities to disabled veterans, veterans of the Vietnam era, and individuals with a disability, any and other characteristics protected by Federal, State, or Local law.
Community / Marketing Title: Instructional Designer