Back of House - Chick-fil-A - Lindenwood University
Location: St. Charles, Missouri US
Requisition Number: 283
Team Member Kitchen Food Prep Mission: Key Responsibilities
- Prepare and cook all products to recipe
- Adhere to holding times and all restaurant quality requirements – ability to understand how to use equipment properly and take corrective action to meet requirements.
- Control and monitor food cost/waste by “cooking less, more often” and preparing/serving products per requirements
- Clean and maintain kitchen/cooking equipment on an ongoing basis
- Maintain Food Safety certifications as needed and follow all local Health Department Food Safety codes
- Complete day part operational checklists (including food prep, stocking, cleaning, etc…)
- Ability to multi-task – must watch timers, operate equipment and complete food preparation often at the same time
- Quick learner – very manual procedures, products are handmade and hand wrapped, must be able to learn all procedures for the entire menu. No specialist positions, everyone must be able to perform all procedures.
- Has a desire to complete task to specifications – must be accurate and precise when preparing the products. Must appreciate the artistry of presenting food correctly in the packaging.
- Clean and organized – cannot let the space get messy
- Puts customers first – cannot let a cleaning task get in the way of preparing the food correctly, must appreciate the balance of keeping food fresh while completing operational tasks.
- Works well with others in a team based environment – small space with a lot of Team Members and a lot of activity going on at one time.
- Continuously seeks ways to improve themselves – must learn from errors and demonstrate ability to take sustainable corrective action
- Strives for personal excellence – we are in the food business, “the food must be RIGHT”
- Follow systems and processes on an ongoing basis – everyone expected to meet all requirements, on all products, all day, every day!!
- Quick to make decisions – must respond to timers and buzzers going off on cooking and holding equipment. Must make decisions regarding proper hold times and cooking procedures when NOT supervised.
- Proactive – need to be able to anticipate the flow of the business and the needs of the cashiers as they serve the customers.
- Sense of urgency – must move fast, this is a quick paced part of the restaurant operation
- Self-motivated – must want to meet requirements, takes pride in doing this right without instruction or affirmation
- Must be able to read and understand English or Spanish training materials.
- Must adhere to Chick-fil-A’s grooming standards and meet all local Health Department codes
- Must be trained and certified in all appropriate food prep and boards/cooking area related Chick-fil-A eTMDP materials
- Must adhere to Chick-fil-A grooming requirements and local Health Department codes
- Must be trained and certified in all Customer Service related Chick-fil-A eTMDP materials
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Proven ability to manage and maintain multiple priorities and multitask
- Manage details for multiple orders accurately and efficiently
- Work effectively in a typical food service environment which may include loud noises, fast paced, large numbers of people, high volume activity, etc.
- Ability to lift and move objects of up to 25 pounds in weight
Competencies & Capabilities:
- Learning on the Fly—Learns quickly when facing new problems; a relentless and versatile learner; open to change; enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks and quickly grasps the essence and the underlying structure of anything.
- Time Management—Uses his/her time effectively and efficiently, concentrated his/her efforts on the more important priorities and can attend to a broader range of activities.
- Action Oriented—Enjoys working hard, not fearful of acting with a minimum of planning and seizes more opportunities than others.
- Customer Focus—Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Peer Relationships—Can quickly find common ground and solve problems for the good of all can represent his/her own interests and yet be fair to other groups; encourages collaboration and can be candid with peers.
- Composure—Is cool under pressure; does not become defensive or irritated when times are tough; is considered mature can be counted on to hold things together during tough times and is a settling influence in a crisis.
Community / Marketing Title: Back of House - Chick-fil-A - Lindenwood University