Cook - Pope John Paul II High School
Location: Hendersonville, Tennessee US
Requisition Number: 449
Cook Mission: Prepare, season and cook soups, meats, vegetables, desserts or other foodstuffs in the unit. May order supplies, keep records and accounts, price items on menu or plan menu.
- Inspect food preparation and serving areas to ensure observance of safe, sanitary food-handling practices.
- Turn or stir foods to ensure even cooking.
- Season and cook food according to recipes or personal judgment and experience.
- Observe and test foods to determine if they have been cooked sufficiently, using methods such as tasting, smelling, or piercing them with utensils.
- Weigh, measure, and mix ingredients according to recipes or personal judgment, using various kitchen utensils and equipment.
- Portion, arrange, and garnish food, and serve food to guests.
- Regulate temperature of ovens, broilers, grills, and roasters.
- Substitute for or assist other cooks during emergencies or rush periods.
- Bake, roast, broil, and steam meats, fish, vegetables, and other foods.
- Wash, peel, cut, and seed fruits and vegetables to prepare them for consumption.
- Carve and trim meats such as beef, veal, ham, pork, and lamb for hot or cold service, or for sandwiches.
- Consult with supervisory staff to plan menus, taking into consideration factors such as costs and special event needs.
- Other duties as assigned by Management
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- Previous experience in food service/food preparation
- One (1) year of experience as a cook
- Be innovative, creative and focused on quality
- Be customer-service driven
- Experience working in an institutional and/or contracted food service operation or similar industry preferred.
- Proven ability to manage and maintain multiple priorities and multitask
- Manage details for multiple orders accurately and efficiently
- Work effectively in a typical food service environment which may include loud noises, fast-paced, large numbers of people, high volume activity, etc.
- Ability to lift and move objects of up to 25 pounds in weight
Values: Integrity, Commitment, Discipline, Unity, Excellence, Innovation, Gratitude
Vision: Transforming Lives Through Great Food Experiences.
Mission: As a God-centered company, we purposely integrate into campus culture to help our clients nurture their students through great nutrition, memorable dining experiences, and a spirit of joyful service, every day.
Competencies & Capabilities:
- Learning on the Fly—Learns quickly when facing new problems; a relentless and versatile learner; open to change; enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks and quickly grasps the essence and the underlying structure of anything.
- Time Management—Uses his/her time effectively and efficiently, concentrated his/her efforts on the more important priorities and can attend to a broader range of activities.
- Action Oriented—Enjoys working hard, not fearful of acting with a minimum of planning and seizes more opportunities than others.
- Customer Focus—Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Peer Relationships—Can quickly find common ground and solve problems for the good of all can represent his/her own interests and yet be fair to other groups; encourages collaboration and can be candid with peers.
- Composure—Is cool under pressure; does not become defensive or irritated when times are tough; is considered mature can be counted on to hold things together during tough times and is a settling influence in a crisis.
- Priority Setting—Spends his/her time and the time of others on what’s important, can quickly sense what will help or hinder accomplishing a goal, eliminates roadblocks and creates focus.
Community / Marketing Title: Cook - Pope John Paul II High School