Lead Cook - Pedestal Foods - Ursuline Academy
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio US
Requisition Number: 460
Don’t just stand there, do something great for the community.
If you’re looking to use your passion and enthusiasm to make a positive difference, come to Pedestal Foods. We’re bringing exceptional dining experiences to students, faculty, and staff at private K-12 schools, colleges, and universities. And we have an incredible variety of opportunities for positive, energetic team players to contribute to our important work while building a great career.
Why you’re needed.
As a Lead Cook, you’ll lead the kitchen as you help prepare, season, and cook high-quality food for students, faculty, and staff. You’ll play a dynamic role in your team’s success as you consult with supervisory staff to plan menus, taking into consideration factors such as cost and special event needs. We’ll need your attention to detail and integrity as you inspect food preparation and serving areas to ensure the observance of safe, sanitary food-handling practices. If you’re a team player that’s looking for a fast-paced environment where you can grow, you’ll find it at Pedestal Foods.
What you’ll need to succeed.
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- Previous experience in foodservice/food preparation
- One (1) year of experience as a cook
- One (1) or more years of supervisory experience
- Be innovative, creative and focused on quality
- Be customer-service driven
- Experience working in an institutional and/or contracted food service operation or similar industry preferred.
- Proven ability to manage and maintain multiple priorities and multitask
- Manage details for multiple orders accurately and efficiently
- Work effectively in a typical food service environment which may include loud noises, fast paced, large numbers of people, high volume activity, etc.
- Ability to lift and move objects of up to 25 pounds in weigh
- Desire to learn and grow with a first-class food service company
What you’ll receive in return.
- Competitive pay
- New uniforms
- Work schedules that enable positive work-life balance
- Excellent benefits, including health, dental and life insurance, paid vacation and wellness days for eligible full-time employees
At Pedestal Foods, the quality of our people is just as important as the quality of our food. We believe our success starts with our people. We hire great people, and we take great care of them. We’re also part of the Lumina Foods family, offering you the ability to make a positive impact on our customers and their communities, today and for years to come. We’d love to have you join us and be part of our success.
It is the policy of Lumina Foods, LLC (the “Company”) to afford equal opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, expunged juvenile records, or pregnancy, and to afford equal opportunities to disabled veterans, veterans of the Vietnam era, and individuals with a disability, any and other characteristics protected by Federal, State, or Local law.
Community / Marketing Title: Lead Cook - Pedestal Foods - Ursuline Academy