Catering Wait Staff - Lindenwood University
Location: St. Charles, Missouri US
Requisition Number: 548
Catering Server Mission:
The Catering Server assists in the creation of menus; coordinate with food prep staff; pulling equipment for event set up, transporting materials and food to the event, event set-up, serving guests and cleaning up the events.
- Works in conjunction with chefs/food prep staff to plan menus for events;
- Execute proper service techniques, menu presentation and customer service.
- Ensure successful operations of catering functions including transportation, setup, operation, and clean up of all events.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- One (1) or more years in catering/food preparation is preferred.
- Be customer-service driven
- Proven ability to manage and maintain multiple priorities and multitask
- Work effectively in a typical food service environment which may include loud noises, fast-paced, large numbers of people, high volume activity, etc.
- Ability to lift and move objects of up to 50 pounds in weight
Integrity, Commitment, Discipline, Unity, Excellence, Innovation, Gratitude
Transforming Lives Through Great Food Experiences.
As a God-centered company, we purposely integrate into campus culture to help our clients nurture their students through great nutrition, memorable dining experiences, and a spirit of joyful service, every day.
Competencies & Capabilities:
- Learning on the Fly—Learns quickly when facing new problems; a relentless and versatile learner; open to change; enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks and quickly grasps the essence and the underlying structure of anything.
- Time Management—Uses his/her time effectively and efficiently, concentrated his/her efforts on the more important priorities and can attend to a broader range of activities.
- Action Oriented—Enjoys working hard, not fearful of acting with a minimum of planning and seizes more opportunities than others.
- Customer Focus—Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Peer Relationships—Can quickly find common ground and solve problems for the good of all can represent his/her own interests and yet be fair to other groups; encourages collaboration and can be candid with peers.
- Composure—Is cool under pressure; does not become defensive or irritated when times are tough; is considered mature can be counted on to hold things together during tough times and is a settling influence in a crisis.
- Priority Setting - Spends his/her time and the time of others on what's important, can quickly sense what will help of hinder accomplishing a goal, eliminates roadblocks and creates focus.
Community / Marketing Title: Catering Wait Staff - Lindenwood University