Fleet & Safety Manager
Location: Nashville, Tennessee US
Requisition Number: 945
Hunt Brothers® Pizza’s largest distributor-TBHC Delivers-is looking for an experienced Fleet & Safety Manager! We are an essential business that has continued to grow and provides stable work for our team. Our passion and purpose are to champion independent convenience store owners as they grow their business and customer offerings while being a blessing to the community. #PassionWithaPurpose
The Fleet & Safety Manager will provide leadership of the company’s fleet, safety, and compliance functional areas. Leading all day to day activities focused on achieving all company cost, compliance and training metrics. Your focus will be:
- Be the first point of contact for our field teams for all fleet-related accidents or service-related needs to guide them through resolution. Someone from the team is always available to take these calls so you may work on-call outside of normal business hours, as needed.
- Maintaining appropriate communication with company leadership on fleet readiness.
- Managing the development, and career growth of assigned direct reports including the current Operations Compliance Specialist and future Fleet Specialist
- Leading strategic initiatives that improve service and safety for the field teams.
- Manages company fuel/vehicle purchasing program to include vendor management, security procedures, and cost evaluation.
- 70% of your focus will be keeping our state-of the-art truck fleet in top condition; 30% will be on safety initiatives.
This is a full-time job that will be based in the Lumina Foods corporate service center in the 100 Oaks area of Nashville. Our office is a well-appointed, comfortable, modern facility. We offer a full test kitchen where you can test out the delicious Hunt Brothers Pizza we offer our customers! Our team strives to be the best in all that we do, and we offer a supportive God-centered culture that will help you be your best. We offer an industry leading compensation and benefits package.
- 5-7 years working knowledge of fleet maintenance and fuel programs; and experience working with outside vendors who provide assistance with fleet programs.
- Knowledge of regulatory compliance related to the fleet at the local, state and federal level including Department of Transportation (DOT) and Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) regulations.
- Must be able to gather information from multiple sources, understand gaps in data, and provide solid data analysis to drive solutions.
- Flexibility and the ability to plan, prioritize and execute multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, experience effectively communicating key data to all levels both internal and external to the organization.
- Strong organizational, prioritizing and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient computer skills with strong MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred, or equivalent experience.
- Embraces Values, Vision and Mission
- Moderate travel required - up to 50% at times.
Logistics Operations transportation fleet “fleet manager” safety “safety manager” “transportation supervisor” “logistics supervisor” “fleet supervisor”
Community / Marketing Title: Fleet & Safety Manager